Welcome!

I am glad you found your way here. Take a few moments to look around. Find out about the courses I teach, and check out some cool links.

September 5, 2011

Education Quotes

My Favorite Education Quotes

What are yours?
Some of this I agree with.  Some make me mad.  The all make me think.  

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn."
-- John Cotton Dana

"Learning is what most adults will do for a living in the 21st century."
-- Perelman

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-- Mark Twain

"Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself."
-- Chinese Proverb
"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
--Oscar Wilde
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde
"They may forget what you said but they will never forget how you made them feel."
-- Anonymous
“Acquire knowledge. It enableth its possessor to distinguish right from wrong; it lighteth the way to Heaven; it is our friend in the desert, our society in solitude, our companion when friendless; it guideth us to happiness; it sustaineth us in misery; it is an ornament among friends, and an armour against enemies. ”
--Prophet Muhammad

"Education is not the filling of a bucket, but the lighting of a fire."
-- W. B. Yeats

"A mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions." -- Anonymous

"Education costs money, but then so does ignorance."
-- Sir Claus Moser
"The best teacher is the one who suggests rather than dogmatizes, and inspires his listener with the wish to teach himself."
-- Edward Bulwer-Lytton

No comments:

Post a Comment